Notice on Launching Actions to Improve the Perception of Information and Communication Services
Letter of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (2021) No. 292
Communications Administrations of all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government, China Telecom Group Co., Ltd., China Mobile Communications Group Co., Ltd., China United Network Communications Group Co., Ltd., China Radio and Television Network Group Co., Ltd., relevant Internet companies, and China Academy of Information and Communications Technology:
In order to promote the information and communication industry to further improve the service quality and improve the service level, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has decided to carry out the information and communication service perception improvement action (referred to as “524” action) from now until the end of March 2022. The relevant matters are notified as follows:
Adhere to the guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, implement the people-centered development ideology, follow the decisions and arrangements of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, focus on the information and communication service links that affect users’ perception, promote the realization of “five optimizations” of service measures, and establish Personal information protection “double list” to achieve “four enhancements” of service capabilities. By the end of March 2022, the comprehensive services of the information and communication industry will be significantly improved, and the user’s sense of acquisition, happiness and security will be further improved.
(1) “Five Optimizations” of Service Measures
1. Optimize the display method of tariff package settings. Basic telecommunications companies shall provide tariff packages for sale in the public market, as well as inquiry portals for preferential tariff packages for the elderly and disabled, in their own business halls, palm halls, online halls, tariff zones, and agency channels. Comprehensively sort out the names of packages on sale to avoid ambiguity in understanding. Timely remind users of the data usage within the package, and set the unit price of the data outside the package reasonably. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
2. Optimize the publicity method of dual gigabit service. Basic telecommunications companies should further implement the “four reminder mechanisms” and “four marketing red lines” requirements for 5G services. The theoretical rate of access uplink and downlink should be clearly specified in the broadband service contract, and the service should be provided as promised to ensure that the user’s access rate meets the standard, and the user should be informed of the impact of hardware equipment, environmental factors, etc. on the broadband network speed in an appropriate way. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
4. Optimize the display method of the pop-up window information when the APP opens the screen. Internet companies should set clear and effective close buttons in their APP opening information and pop-up information windows. The button size, location, and color should be easy to operate and identify, so that users can “find it and close it”. The APP screen opening information window shall not use full-screen pictures, videos, etc. as jump links, inducing users to click or easily causing users to click by mistake, causing inconvenience to users. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
5. Optimize the provision of network disk services. Relevant enterprises should optimize the introduction of product and service tariffs, clearly state the storage space, transmission rate, functional rights and tariff levels, etc., and must not conduct misleading publicity. Under the same network conditions, the minimum upload and download rates offered to free users should ensure that basic download needs are met. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
(2) Establishing a “Dual List” for Personal Information Protection
All relevant enterprises should establish a list of collected personal information and a list of personal information shared with third parties (see the appendix for the list of the first batch of enterprises that have established a “dual list”), and display them in the secondary menu of the APP to facilitate users’ inquiries. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
The list of collected personal information shall concisely and clearly list the basic information of the user’s personal information that has been collected by the APP (including the embedded third-party software tool development kit SDK), including the type of information, purpose of use, and usage scenarios.
The list of personal information shared with third parties should be concise and clearly listed the basic situation of the user’s personal information shared with third parties, including the types of personal information shared with third parties, the purpose of use, usage scenarios and sharing methods.
(3) “Four Improvements” of Service Capability
1. Improve cross-regional handling capabilities. Basic telecommunications companies have added “Kindling Network” and “Fixed-Mobile Integration” services across regions. Within the same basic telecommunications enterprise network, mobile phone numbers with different attributions form a family network to achieve cross-province handling. Realize the integration of fixed broadband and mobile phone numbers across local networks within the province, and encourage basic telecommunications companies with capabilities to actively promote the realization of cross-province handling. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
2. Improve the number portability service capability. On the basis of fulfilling their earlier commitments to open channels, basic telecommunications companies will open 10,000 new business halls nationwide that can handle carry-out services, and will promptly announce to the public the status of business halls that can handle carry-out services. Let users run away less. Realize the online processing of carry-in services and the refund service of the balance of call charges in off-site business halls for users who carry them out, and encourage basic telecommunications companies with capabilities to implement carry-on services in off-site business halls. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
3. Improve the responsiveness of customer service hotline. Enterprises engaged in Internet information services should establish a customer service hotline, and publicize the customer service hotline number in prominent positions such as websites and APPs. Encourage qualified enterprises to provide sufficient human customer service agents (see the attachment for the list of the first batch of enterprises), and provide the elderly with direct manual hotline service. The customer service hotline strives to achieve an average monthly response time of 30 seconds at most. The response rate was over 85%. (To be completed by the end of March 2022)
4. Improve the personal information protection capability of the APP’s key responsibility chain. App stores are encouraged to provide testing services for APPs on this platform, timely feedback relevant problems to APP developers and urge them to correct them, so as to prevent illegal APPs from being put on the shelves. The embedded SDK shall not be self-started or associated to start when it is not necessary for the service or without a reasonable application scenario; the APP developer and the embedded SDK shall provide corresponding functions, and the user can choose whether to enable the associated startup. (To be completed by the end of December 2021)
(1) Strengthen the organization and implementation. All units should attach great importance to the improvement of information and communication service quality, give top priority to safeguarding the legitimate rights and interests of users, strengthen organizational leadership, improve the management system, clarify the division of tasks, consolidate the main responsibilities, and take effective measures to ensure that all work is effective.
(2) Strengthen supervision and guidance. The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has established mechanisms for tracking, interviewing, ranking, and social publicity to communicate and promote typical cases and successful practices in a timely manner. Local communications administrations should strengthen supervision and guidance, and urge local enterprises to complete their tasks on time and with high quality. The China Academy of Information and Communications Technology shall track and monitor the completion of various key tasks and provide effective support for the supervision work.
(3) Promote collaborative governance. Promote the coordinated co-governance of government supervision, social supervision, enterprise self-discipline, and user participation, and form a positive interaction between service quality and perception improvement. All relevant enterprises should take this information and communication service perception improvement action as an opportunity to give full play to their initiative and creativity, innovate service models and methods, and provide users with more comprehensive, considerate and convenient services.
(4) Establish a long-term mechanism. All relevant enterprises should establish and improve long-term internal management mechanisms, consolidate and deepen the effectiveness of various work, and strive to meet user needs. The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will organize local communications administrations to carry out “look back” in a timely manner to ensure that the information and communication service perception improvement actions are implemented and effective.