Beijing, July 23, 2020 – Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) announced PathWave Design 2021, an open, scalable and predictable software solution for 5G and mmWave. Keysight Technologies is a leading technology company dedicated to helping enterprises, service providers and government customers accelerate innovation and create a secure, connected world. With this solution, design and verification engineers can consolidate device, circuit and system designs to improve design performance and accuracy, resulting in faster delivery of chips, boards and system products.
5G is rapidly gaining wider and wider market acceptance. Network operators are migrating from 4G to 5G and promoting 5G commercialization services globally. Equipment manufacturers and suppliers need to further optimize the performance, cost (yield) and speed-to-market of their designs to have a chance to win the business opportunity of mainstream 5G deployment. However, as 5G uses higher frequency bands and significantly increases design integration and complexity, this requires equipment manufacturers and suppliers to adopt a consistent end-to-end approach to ensure first-time success and avoid iterative design revisions later on.
Tom Lillig, general manager of Keysight’s PathWave software solutions group, said: “4G and earlier standards used approximate figure-of-merit-based design approaches to bring designs to market quickly. But modern designs employ 5G wideband modulation schemes, which are a The integration requirements are higher, and it is far from enough to design in this traditional way. The design methods summarized from previous generations of designs cannot meet the requirements of the 5G standard at all.”
Radio Frequency (RF) and Microwave Product Development Workflow Best Practices
From simulation and verification to test and manufacturing, at every stage of design, PathWave 5G delivers innovative capabilities that address both high frequency and complexity. Engineers can apply these capabilities in their radio frequency/microwave (RF/MW) product design workflows, saving months of design time, including:
· Increase the speed and reduce the complexity of chip-level analysis and verification with integrated electromagnetic simulation capabilities.
· Predict circuit-level and system-level performance using common modulated signals and accurate RF system models.
Leverage model-driven engineering to extend the end-to-end ecosystem from device to circuit to test and manufacturing.
Run simulations in parallel in high-performance cloud computing to speed up the verification process.
The Keysight PathWave Design 2021 software suite enables:
· Enables power amplifier designers to model trapping and thermal effects by taking advantage of the significant power, size, and efficiency advantages of RF Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology.
· Enables front-end module and RF transceiver designers to integrate techniques to model packaging and coupling effects quickly and efficiently.
· Support system integrators to predict system performance through RF circuits, antennas and modulated signals.
· Enables system architects to accurately perform RF modeling using a comprehensive digital, RF, and antenna system simulation platform.
· Enables component manufacturers to verify the performance of their designs within the target system architecture.
· Enables phased array designers to achieve fast and accurate beamforming simulations with realistic RF impairment modeling.
The Keysight PathWave Design software suite includes: PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS), PathWave RFIC Design Software (GoldenGate), PathWave System Design Software (SystemVue), PathWave Electromagnetic Design Software (EMPro) and PathWave Device Modeling Software (IC-CAP). These software provide a variety of key capabilities needed to address 5G challenges, including RF/microwave simulation and verification, Electronic system level (ESL) simulation, and device modeling, improving design speed, accuracy, and reliability.
For more information on PathWave Design 2021, please visit: http://www.keysight.com/find/pathwave-design2021-backgrounder
Images of PathWave Design 2021 software are available at http://www.keysight.com/find/pathwave-design2021-images